Yes, don’t miss the opportunity to watch the total lunar eclipse on 31 Jan 2018., the moon will rise in the east being eclipsed.
Interesting facts are
- Moon rising is beautiful sight any day at the horizon. it’s orange/reddish Moon.
- This rising moon is totally eclipse – the moon turns full red and even darker.
- Moon is in its perigee position making it the closest to earth and being full moon day it appears 14% bigger and nearly 30% brighter than the apogee full moon. – thus the eclipsed moon is bigger than before visually due to the horizon rising effect and perigee position.
- Lastly ! this is second full moon in Jan 2018 that’s blue moon ! (not blue in color, but the name given to second full moon in a month)
If you miss observing it, you may see another lunar eclipse but not the one which is rising, even if you get a combination by changing the location, you may not be seeing the perigee eclipse moon till 25 Nov 2034 ! even then it would not be a blue moon 🙂
Think over and make your arrangements to watch the total lunar eclipse !
- Best locations are top of the tall building, beaches, places where the horizon is clearly visible.
- No equipment is required, but looking through a binocular or telescopes would be awesome. Viewing the LUNAR eclipse is completely safe for eyes even with telescope.
- Schools, colleges, corporate and apartments can arrange their own as no guidelines is required to see moon.